A Criminal trial goes through the following steps.

1)registration of FIR U/S 154 ,or Direct complaint U/S 200 of Cr.P.C 1898.

2)conducting Investigation U/S 156 or inquiry Under section 202 of Cr.P.C 1898.

3) Record of statement of witnesses and confession Under section 161 and 164 read with section 364 of Cr.P.C 1898.

(4)Physical Or police remand U/S 167, 344 of Cr.P.C 1898.

5) Submission of Challan Under section 173 of Cr.P.C 1898, under following modes;

A) Section 169 of Cr.P.C 1898.

Release of accused when evidence deficient.

B.) Section 170 of Cr.P.C 1898.

Case to be sent to magistrate when evidence are sufficient.

C) Section 512 of Cr.P.C 1898.

Record of evidence in absence of accused.

(6) Quashing of FIR Under Section 561-A of Cr.P.C 1898.

(7)Taking cognizance under section 190 of Cr.P.C 1898.

(8)Issue of process Under section 204 of Cr.P.C 1898.

9) Bail in Bailable offences under section 496 of Cr.P.C 1898 and Bail in Non-bailable offences under section 497 of of Cr.P.C 1898.

10) The framing of charge from Sections 221 to 240 of Cr.P.C 1898 onwards.

11) Speedy acquittal under section 249-A for Magisterial trial. And under section 265-K for Session’s Trial.

Note: After hearing the prosecutor and accused counsel, reasons shall be reasons be recorded for every finding.

12) Pleading guilty under sections 243 and 265-E of Cr.P.C 1898.

13) Beginning of prosecution evidence:

Prosecution Evidence, through Examination in chief, Cross Examination and Re-examination (If any).

14) Beginning of defense evidence, Statement of Accused under section 342 of Cr.P.C 1898.

15) Final Arguments.

16) Pronouncement of Judgment under section 366 of Cr.P.C 1898.

A) Acquittal under sections 245 & 265-H of Cr.P.C 1898,

or Conviction under sections 245(2) & 265-H(2) of of Cr.P.C 1898.

17) Appeal:

A) Appeal to court of session against sentenced passed by the assistant session judge or judicial magistrate under Section 408 of Cr.P.C 1898.

B.) Appeal to to high court against the sentence passed by Session’s or Additional Session’s Judge under section 410 of Cr.P.C 1898.

C) Appeal against acquittal through Public Prosecutor under section 417 of Cr.P.C 1898.